Memorial Day Weekend - First Weekend of October
Mallow Run is the product of years of hard work by John Richardson and his son, Bill, and Bill's wife, Laura. John grew up on the farm, moved away to teach school for 35 years, and then retired back on the farm with the intent of growing grapes to supply other Indiana wineries. Bill, who grew up dreaming of living on the farm, settled into the original Mallow/Richardson home after graduating from Purdue with a degree in Agriculture. Bill met Laura (Emerson) while playing in the Carmel Symphony and with a shared love for music, wine, and the farm, they married in 2005.
The first grapes were planted in 2000, with more to follow in subsequent years. The vineyards now cover 8 acres of the family's 600-acre farm. On the remainder, more than 50,000 bushels of corn and soybeans are still raised each year. With expanding vineyards taking root, an aging barn with great potential, and the desire to share our love of fine wines, the decision was quickly made to open our own winery right here on the farm.
On September 3rd, 2005, the dream was realized and the tasting room opened to the public.
Mallow Run is a stream whose waters wind their way through our family farm and flow past the winery on the way to the White River. Its namesake, George Mallow, settled this farm in 1835 and some time after built the barn where the tasting room is now located. Seven generations later, his family still lives on the farm and wishes to share their corner of the world with you!